20080413

SANS Summit

This week I'll be in Orlando at a SANS summit warmup before the training courses, which are next week.

I'm very excited about this one because we'll get to spend a lot of time talking, among other things, about how to roll defensive engineering and programming into the educational process for technology students.

Security is so easily exploited now because we never learned to program defensively (or never enforced it). So now, we're trying to go back and patch the dam. This is a great opportunity to discuss how we start to make brand new dams that don't need patching. And while I don't know if I would agree with IBM that the Security Business is out of business, I do agree that we need to make systems that are impervious to attack from the beginning.

Maybe I'll get Micky's autograph while I'm there...

0 comments: